- Dangerous Goods Consultation
- SMS Training and Auditing
- Fire Safety and EHS Consultation
- Lithium Battery Handling and Safety
- Standards Writing
AVIATION SAFETY EXPERIENCE
- G27 Lithium Battery Packaging Performance Committee: Committee member providing an experienced safety perspective for handling, storing, and shipping of lithium ion batteries to develop a standard by which packaging will be tested be shipped by aircraft.
- Safety Management System (SMS) development and integration with part135, part 125, and part 121 operators using CellBlock products to mitigate risks associated with in-flight fires of energy storage.
- UL Standard Technical Panel 5800 designing test standards for fire containment products for lithium batteries.
HAZMAT AND PACKAGING EXPERIENCE
- COSTHA (Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles) member
- DOT and UN packaging requirements and standard. Creating specialized and supplemental packaging using CellBlockEX loose-fill. Development and sales of CellBlock® special permit products for shipping damaged, defective, and recalled batteries and cells.
2016 – Present VICE PRESIDENT OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
CellBlock FCS is the manufacturer of the LIBIK, a fire suppression kit that is capable of extinguishing
and containing any thermal event. The LIBIK kit effectively protects the fire fighter and embodies the
safest and simplest means of suppressing a lithium-ion battery fire while minimizing exposure to toxic
smoke and vapors.
- Oversee the support and continuous expansion of CellBlock product lines. Facilitate in-house
and 3rd-party product testing.
- Sit on committees and panels representing CellBlock in order to provide expert opinions
within the field of packaging, dangerous goods, and fire safety.
- Coordinate in-house and third-party testing and characterization of products.
- Consult and collaborate with airlines to help them author their Safety Management System
(SMS) as it applies to lithium-ion battery fires.
2015 – 2016 HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
CORNERSTONE ARCHITECTURAL PRODUCTS
Led the team which conceptualized, developed, and brought to market “New England Veneer Stone®.”
Developed multiple formulations to meet performance requirements, while also incorporating 100%
recycled aggregate components. Created and enhanced the manufacturing processes to optimize volume
and maximize profitability of the product.
2011 – 2015 LEAD RESEARCHER
KEENE STATE COLLEGE
Primary research role on two projects. Project one focused on the examination of cardiac developmental
defects in African Clawed Frogs caused by several PAHs. Project two focused on synthesis, isolation, and
characterization of compounds used to modify substrates with anti-freeze properties.
- February 2018, Houston
Collaborative UL Test Study: Test on CellBlock containers utilizing novel systems of passive
extinguishing using simple modules of 18650s. Packaging test based on the working standard
of the G27 committee.
- May 2018, Toronto
In-flight Fire Procedure Demonstrations: Demonstrated standardized thermal runaway
incidences to safety teams of part 135 and 121 operators who are developing SMS to include
procedures implementing CellBlock® products
ANNUAL SEMINARS, CONFERENCES, AND TRAINING
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) World Cargo Symposium
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) Lithium Ion Battery Workshop
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) Cabin Safety Workshop
- Council On The Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA) Annual Forum
- Air Transportation Association of Canada (ATAC) Conference
- Business Aviation Safety Summit (BASS)
- World Aviation Training Summit (WATS)
- Asia Pacific Airline Training Symposium (APATS)
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition
- Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) Air Safety Forum
BACHELORS OF SCIENCE: CHEMISTRY
KEENE STATE COLLEGE