The LIBIK EDE augments your safety protocol by providing tools to safely extinguish a battery fire and quickly reduce harmful smoke.
When a battery fire breaks out, time is of the essence. The EDE uses CellBlockEX technology to quickly suppress flames while simultaneously reducing smoke and fumes. It may be used as a stand-alone solution to suppress a thermal runaway event. It may also be used in conjunction with any fire suppression or containment bag – it completely extinguishes the fire and provides tools to allow the device to be safely handled.
The EDE lithium battery emergency response kit contains:
- 2 PED-Pad fire suppression pillows
- 2 LIBIK FireShield Blankets
- 2 Pair high-heat gloves
- 2 Safety goggles
- 2 Masks
- 1 Small prybar
- Red storage bag*
*The red EDE storage bag is constructed of the same flame-resistant fabrics as the LIBIK fire blankets. It is not intended as a suppression bag, but it may be used in the containment or cleanup of an extinguished device. May be customized with one-color organization name or logo – please enquire.
- 5.5 kg (12 lbs.)
- 20 cm x 28 cm x 38 cm (8”x11”x15”)
Mitigating Risk in a Thermal Event:
- In the event of a battery fire, the flight crew may don the protective goggles, gloves and masks.
- The LIBIK FireShield Blankets may be used to protect surrounding surfaces, or as a personal shield when approaching the device. It may also be used to handle a device that has been safely extinguished.
- The PED‑Pad pillows are filled with CellBlockEX fire-suppressant media. One or more pillows may be placed directly on the battery fire. The CellBlockEX is automatically deployed and immediately works to extinguish the fire and absorb smoke and fumes. No water or halon is needed.
- The prybar may be used to access a jammed overhead compartment, or to free a device that has fused to a tray table.
Please contact us today for more information.
Our products have been tested extensively in-house and by third-party laboratories.