Augment Your Safety Protocol with Fire Shield Blankets
Constructed from durable flame-resistant fabrics, our fire blankets are integral to our LIBIKs and are a valuable multi-purpose tool in tackling lithium-ion battery fires:
- Use as a personal shield when approaching a battery or device in thermal runaway.*
- Use to protect surrounding surfaces when dealing with a compromised personal electronic device (PED).
- Use as an additional containment layer in conjunction with our PED‑Pads to extinguish a fire.
- Available in Standard or High Watt Hour.
- Ask about custom configurations.
Fire Shield Blanket
Our standard Fire Shield Blanket and is appropriate for consumer devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops. The top layer is a fire-resistant Kevlar blend that helps to contain the smoke and flames, while the bottom black felt layer actively disperses heat. This two-layered approach creates a suppressive effect when used in conjunction with CellBlockEX or PED-Pads placed on top of a thermal runaway. The blanket fabrics are rated for temperatures over 1000ºC (1832°F).
High Watt Hour Fire Shield Blanket
Recommended for batteries and devices over 100 watt hours, this fire resistant blanket uses a three-layer construction to provide extended protection from thermal runaways in larger devices. It is an easily implemented heat barrier against lithium-ion battery fires. As with our standard Fire Shield, the extreme textiles used in our fire resistant blankets are rated for temperatures over 1000ºC (1832°F). CellBlock’s heat resistant blankets can also be manufactured in custom sizes.