When faced with high watt hour fires, it’s not just about temperature. Energy density contributes to intensity and burn time. Constructed from durable fire-proof fabrics, our FireShield EV Blankets are imperative equipment in a first responder’s arsenal to contain a thermal runaway or other high energy fire.
- 30 Minute Powerplant Fire Penetration Test
- 14 CFR, Part 25 D §25.853
60 Second Vertical Burn Test
5 Minute Cargo Liner Burn Test
- Rated for temperatures over 1832°F (1000ºC) and pack ratings over 50kWh
- Handles at each corner and sides allow for ease of deployment by two or more responders.
- Available in red or blue.
FireShield EV is a single-layer fire blanket constructed of silicon coated silica. It is a compact and lighter weight solution for nimble response to electric vehicle fires.
- Standard Size – 20’x26’ – approx. 105 lbs.
FireShield EV+ is a two-layer blanket combining the durable silicon-coated silica with a fire-proof carbon barrier. This additional layer super-charges the heat dispersal in addition to providing invaluable containment time and protection to people and property. Ideal for unembedded modules and packs or smaller electric vehicles
- Standard Sizes:
8’x8’ – approx. 19 lbs.
12’x12’ – approx. 42 lbs.
16’x16’ – approx. 75 lbs.
FireShield EV Custom
Configurable in nearly any size and energy containment capacity.