CellBlock offers DOT special permitted steel drums for the transportation of hazardous materials such as used, defective, or spent batteries.
CellBlock FCS helps you mitigate risk when you ship or store lithium-ion batteries or other hazardous materials.
CellBlock FCS steel drums represent a best-practice method for transporting used, spent, damaged and prototype batteries.
The unique characteristics of CellBlockEX reduces the probability of ignition of flammable vapors and the release of toxic fumes. When CellBlockEX is used as a packaging filler surrounding the batteries, the likelihood of fire, heat, or smoke being released from the drum is greatly diminished.
CellBlock CellSafe Drums with CellBlockEX technology have earned a special permit from the DOT for the transportation of damaged or compromised lithium-ion batteries. In addition to transport, these reusable containers may also be used for storage or emergency management.
Best-in-class solution for shipping or recycling damaged and non-damaged, recalled, spent, and prototype lithium batteries, as well as mixed use non-lithium — up to 300 Wh
- UN-rated and certified with CellBlockEX used as the packaging filler
- Environmentally-friendly packaging uses no vermiculite or mineral oil
- Ship domestically or internationally
- Subject to DOT SP-20549
- Ship up to 132 lbs (60kg) of damaged batteries
CellSafe MAX Drum
Designed for high watt hour batteries (over 300Wh)
- Same features as the CellSafe Drum
- 6000 Wh Energy Containment Rating (ECR)
- Patent pending thermal runaway containment technology
- Filter system safely releases pressure while preventing ignition of outgassing
- Most economical performance packaging for high-energy battery storage or shipping
- Special Permitted for transport of DDR and non-DDR batteries over 300 Wh — up to 1000 Wh