Everybody knows that there are more EVs on the road than ever before. Inevitably, that means more EV battery fires. EV battery fires are no joke: they burn hot and burn long. Significant loss of property – and even of life or limb – is a real possibility. EV battery fires need to be contained quickly, before they spread.
That’s why we at CellBlock chose to apply our fire containment expertise to the problem of EV battery fires. Thus began months of engineering, prototyping, and testing, ultimately resulting in the world’s most effective EV battery fire solution: the FireShield EV Blanket.The FireShield EV Blanket addresses the most critical problem facing responders: with high watt hour fires, it’s not just about temperature; energy density contributes to intensity and burn time. Constructed from durable fire-proof fabrics, our FireShield EV Blankets are an essential weapon in a first responder’s arsenal. See for yourself (video below.) Here are some details about our EV Blanket: TESTING
- 30 Minute Powerplant Fire Penetration Test
- 14 CFR, Part 25 D §25.853
- 60 Second Vertical Burn Test
- 5 Minute Cargo Liner Burn Test
- Rated for temperatures over 1832°F (1000ºC) and pack ratings over 50kWh
- Handles at each corner and sides allow for ease of deployment by two or more responders.
- Available in red or blue.