LIBIK Training Demonstration – Passenger Cabin Scenario
The LIBIK allows a flight crew member (or any other trained, authorized personnel) to safely and effectively transport and contain an overheating electronic device. In case of a thermal event, the LIBIK even includes tools to suppress fires while simultaneously uptaking harmful smoke and fumes.
The LIBIK is more than just a battery bag. Each LIBIK kit includes:
- 1 LIBIK fire containment bag
- 2 PED-Pad fire suppression pillows
- 1 LIBIK Fire Shield Blanket
- 1 pair CellBlock high-heat gloves
- 1 3M mask
- 1 pair safety goggles
- 1 small prybar (optional)
- Strategically placed dee-rings allow the placement of security tags.
For more information on the LIBIK, fire safety training, or fire suppression plans, contact CellBlock FCS.